




Inter Milan legend Sandro Mazzola has blasted the players after their 2-2 draw with Torino.
Inter blew a 2-0 lead on Sunday night.
Read more on Tribal FootballWatford were able to trump Crystal Palace 2-1 on Sunday, as goals from Pereyra and Holebas secured three points with ease, and Wilfried Zaha’s 78th-minute goal proved to be a mere consolation in the end.
However, the Ivorian’s strike was special, as it made him Palace’s all-time top goalscorer.
The Manchester United reject has had a phenomenal run with the Eagles, and has often been slated for great things, with this summer in particular linking the 25-year-old to numerous clubs, including Chelsea and Spurs.
Now, it appears that his performance and sheer brilliance may have merited a fine honor for a Premier League achiever – a move to Real Madrid, at least according to Graeme Souness.
As per Sky Sports, Souness has remarked the following regarding Zaha’s future: “I think he’s sensational. I can see him playing for Real Madrid, that’s how good he is. I think there’s maybe a handful of players who have got the change of direction and balance that he does, and I think he should get more penalties, he isn’t a diver.”
RELATED:
How Cristiano Ronaldo Reacted To Mario Mandzukic’s Goal
He went on to add: “I think he’s got a unique talent and with the utmost respect to Crystal Palace – and maybe he’s been scarred by the experience at Manchester United – he’s ready for a big, big club, the biggest clubs. If he stays at Palace he’s going to end up with no trophies and think, ‘What if’.”
Further, Madrid isn’t the only destination that the retired Scot and Liverpool legend deems Zaha to be fit for: “I think now he’s ready. Even for the big two in Spain, I think both of them would welcome him with open arms.
“He’s a door opener, and there isn’t too many of those players around. He’s unique in our football. He’s in that league, he’s got the stuff that gets you on the edge of your seat.”
Los Blancos have been famous poachers of Premier League success stories, with the likes of Ronaldo and Bale topping the list. But could Zaha join their ranks as well?
The post Wilfried Zaha Good Enough To Play For Real Madrid, Claims Graeme Souness appeared first on BlameFootball.

Chelsea have denied Sunday press reports they're up for sale.
The Mirror says a club source insists nothing has changed at Stamford Bridge, and that the club is not up for sale at the present time.
Read more on Tribal Football
Football finance experts believe talk of a 2bn takeover for Liverpool would see the club undervalued.
The Liverpool Echo says FSG have reiterated the club is not for sale but remain open to the idea of selling a minority stake in return for the right investment.
Read more on Tribal Football
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is pleased with what he's seen from Mateo Kovacic since his arrival.
On-loan from Real Madrid, Kovacic made his debut in victory over Arsenal last week.
Read more on Tribal Football
Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe says he now has a more appreciative Callum Wilson at his disposal.
The England striker, who has suffered from major knee injuries in the past, has scored two goals in Bournemouth's opening two games, both of which were victories.
Read more on Tribal Football




Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic has joined Hertha Berlin.
Grujic has signed a new contract with Liverpool and joined Hertha BSC on a season-long loan deal, subject to international clearance.
Read more on Tribal Football





Philippe Montanier has urged Barcelona to stick with Ousmane Dembele.
Montanier coached Dembele at Rennes before the striker was sold to Borussia Dortmund.
Read more on Tribal FootballHaving finalised his shocking move to Juventus this summer, Cristiano Ronaldo seems to have already hit the ground running for the season to come.
The former Real Madrid man did miss Juve’s pre-season tour to the USA, as he recovered from the World Cup. The forward joined the squad in Turin last week, and begun his preparations for the upcoming season.
Juventus have a long-standing tradition where they play against their B side in a private stadium which is owned by their club president, Andrea Agnelli. It gives the fans an opportunity to see their present and future stars in action just before the season begins.
Massimiliano Allegri took this opportunity to start Ronaldo, and allow him to get some minutes under his belt before the new season begins.
Cristiano Ronaldo scores 8 minutes into his Juventus debut
Excited fans run on the pitch and mob him
Game gets called off pic.twitter.com/oSfzfRKv3Y
— Soccer AM (@SoccerAM) August 13, 2018
The Portuguese forward managed to open his scoring account within the first 10 minutes itself, as he brought down a long pass from Bernardeschi before releasing a calm strike into the top corner, handing the senior team the lead. However, the match had an unexpected end.
RELATED:
WATCH: Rooney Makes Game-Saving Tackle In 96th Minute And Produces Epic Assist
With 20 minutes left on the clock, fans decided to invade the pitch and gathered around Cristiano Ronaldo. The referee decided to abandon the game immediately, as the Portuguese forward was escorted by the police.
Pitch invasion time, game over, what a spectacle – People traveled far and wide to witness this. Love these traditions that set Juve apart from all the rest – Love that this event stretches back in history through the family and the club, Fino alla fine, FORZA JUVE
— Juvefc.com (@juvefcdotcom) August 12, 2018
Juventus begin their Serie A campaign with an away trip to Chievo this Saturday, and Ronaldo looks set to make his competitive debut in the game.
With the Italian giants looking to retain their regional silverware and win continental titles, it will be interesting to see if the decorated forward is able to fire Juventus to Champions League glory this season.
The post Why Cristiano Ronaldo’s Juventus Debut Was Abandoned appeared first on BlameFootball.
Wayne Rooney’s career has seen its fair share of ups and downs. From ruling the roost in terms of goals for his country, to becoming one of the Premier League‘s most iconic footballers, there isn’t much the tenacious striker hasn’t accomplished.
And it seems as if his glory might be following him to Major League Soccer. After joining DC United in a slightly surprising move, Rooney’s career hasn’t hit the heights many had imagined, but he still continues to prove he has plenty left in the tank.
In a game against Orlando, the former Manchester United talisman went into ‘beast mode’ at the dying stages of the game, after DC United goalkeeper David Ousted made his way forward to add to the attack from a late corner.
Rooney, being last man, had to get his tackle right, as failure to do so would have seen his club face another defeat, and perhaps a permanent end to their play-off hopes.
RELATED:
Manchester United Planning To Make A Massive Change
But Rooney timed his challenge to perfection, and got the ball off the opposing player, and then had the foresight to spot his teammate Luciano Acosta with a cross-field pass that would have made his former Manchester United teammate Paul Scholes proud.
The 32-year-old’s delivery was inch-perfect, and Acosta headed home in the 96th minute to give DC a monumental victory, which has kept their play-off hopes alive.
Wazzaaaaa!!
https://t.co/H5ebAO5xZe
— David de Gea (@D_DeGea) August 13, 2018
What’s more, the goal marked a hat-trick for Acosta, and was an added reminder that the Wayne Rooney spirit is still very much alive, even if the legs aren’t quite what they were ten years ago.
RELATED:
WATCH: Ronaldo Takes Just 8 Minutes To Open His Scoring Account At Juventus
The double-effort has since gone viral all over social media, with fans and players praising the former English international for his never-say-die attitude which deserves commendation.
While this was certainly a highlight to be proud of, Rooney would know there is still a long way to go if DC United are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the MLS.
The post WATCH: Rooney Makes Game-Saving Tackle In 96th Minute And Produces Epic Assist appeared first on BlameFootball.

New Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri was seen chewing on cigarette butts while his side cruised past Huddersfield Town on Saturday.
Chelsea enjoyed a wonderful start to their Premier League campaign, as Maurizio Sarri fielded a very strong starting XI, despite Eden Hazard bring left on the bench.
The Belgian has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid since Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure. However, lack of training seems to be the reason behind Sarri’s decision, as the forward returned to Cobham only a few days ago.
The Blues managed to pick up an easy victory over Huddersfield Town, who narrowly escaped relegation last season.
RELATED:
PL Predictions 2018/19: Who Will Win The Title, Top 4, Which Team Will Surprise Everyone?
N’Golo Kante latched onto Willian’s cross to open the scoring for Chelsea in the 35th minute. New signing Jorginho made it 2-0 as he slotted a penalty just before half-time. Eden Hazard came on for Willian with 15 minutes left on the clock.
In the 80th minute, the Belgian International laid out a brilliant pass for Pedro, who made no mistake and slotted the ball home to hand Chelsea a 3-0 victory.
During his time at Napoli, Maurizio Sarri would easily light up a cigarette to relieve the stress during games. However, the Premier League has a strict policy with regards to smoking, having ordered the stadiums to be smoke-free since 2007.
RELATED:
Liverpool vs Man United – Gary Neville Gives His Verdict On Who Will Finish Ahead
But the Chelsea gaffer seems to have found out a way to work around this rule, as he was seen chewing on cigarette butts while he watched his side from the touchline.
The 59-year-old looked really worried about his team, and apparently needed some nicotine to calm his nerves.
Sarri celebrating winning his first Premier League game by eating a cigarette pic.twitter.com/NYXS51cAZJ
— Did It Cross The Line? (@diditcross) August 11, 2018
Chelsea were amazing on the pitch once they found their grip, and allowed Sarri to take a breath of relief on his Premier League debut.
But the real challenge awaits next weekend, when his men will be up against Arsenal in the first London derby of the season. It will be interesting to see how the Blues fare against Unai Emery’s confident Gunners.
The post What Maurizio Sarri Did After He Wasn’t Allowed To Smoke On The Touchline In Premier League appeared first on BlameFootball.
Manchester United overcame Leicester City 2-1 in the opening game of the 2018-19 Premier League campaign at Old Trafford on Saturday.
The hosts went 1-0 up inside 72 seconds itself, when they were awarded a penalty. Alexis Sanchez was responsible for getting United with the chance after earning a hand ball with his shot.
While United were handed the spot-kick, there was a discussion between Sanchez and skipper Paul Pogba as to who will take the same.
Sanchez tried to convince the Frechman to give him the penalty-taking duties. But Pogba relented and took the shot himself before burying it in the top-right corner, above Leicester keeper Kasper Schmeichel.
RELATED:
Player Ratings: Manchester United 2-1 Leicester City
The scoreline read 1-0 for 83 minutes, until Luke Shaw slotted home to double the home side’s lead. Jamie Vardy got in an injury-time goal, but United held on to take all three points.
But the moment between Sanchez and Pogba in the early stages of the game caught the attention of several fans and pundits alike.
During his commentary for Sky Sports, Jamie Carragher said of the incident: ‘That’s Sanchez. He wants it! They both want to get off the mark. But the World Cup winner is having none of it. “I’m the captain. My ball”. 1-0. Great penalty.’
Watch Reactions:
Pogba will feel ecstatic after getting off the mark in the opener. After all that was speculated between the midfielder and his manager about all the rift and the former wanting to leave the club, this was a good start to the new season for the France international.
The post What Happened Between Pogba And Sanchez During United vs Leicester appeared first on BlameFootball.
Premature predictions may seem a bit far-fetched when the first kick of the new season hasn’t even occurred yet. Regardless, the business side of the great game, coupled with the mentality of players and gaffers often gives one the ability to paint a close to accurate picture of the Premier League table at the end of the season.
To this, one can also add the fact that it isn’t really a clean slate each time, and that the dynamic momentum from previous campaigns generally carries over. The same can also be said about past disappointments.
With that in mind, here are our predictions about how things could stand at the end of the 2018-19 campaign:
Winners
There is simply no escaping the truth, Manchester City are still the team best equipped to win the league. Although their task this season will assuredly not be as easy as last year, Guardiola’s tactics, coupled with a squad whose ability knows no bounds, make the victory seem inevitable.
This is despite the manner in which Liverpool have invested in this transfer window and Sarri being earmarked by Chelsea to have an impact, for no title-contender seems to be in a better spot.
Then again, winning back-to-back titles has been the task of woe in the Premier League all of a sudden, and City will be eager to take even this challenge in their stride. Are more records being eyed?
The Top 4
The second spot is bound to go to Liverpool. Despite being a side that has arguably had the best transfer window in England and possibly in Europe, perhaps expecting them to gel just fine straight away is a tad bit too much. Regardless, Klopp will be eager to drive his intent home, and a ferocious trident, now reinforced with a deeply creative midfield and a reliable backline, may finally let them come close to this being their year.
Third place may be Manchester United’s position this season, and that is if they somehow defy expectations and have their best-possible season. This is also the position that seems most likely to flip, particularly if the Red Devils don’t utilize the winter window to better their roster and its gaping flaws.
Coming fourth will be Chelsea, who will see an improvement in standing, but are unlikely to bring out a title-challenge, despite Sarri’s history. Rather, a fixing of problems and a rebuilding of brilliance seems to be the likely agenda going into this campaign.
The teams that will be rendered to the Europa League and come frustratingly close to UCL glory are apt to be the London duo of Tottenham and Arsenal. The Gunners appear to be in a stronger spot than their bitter rivals, and Emery may be able to guide them to a fifth-place finish. Tottenham’s relative mediocrity in the transfer market may prove to be their downfall, and end with them attaining the last spot of importance in the top half of the table.
Picks For Relegation
As for the fag end and the tale of woe, the relegation story may prove to be dramatic yet again. Huddersfield Town narrowly escaped relegation last time, but this campaign may not be as merciful. The curse of promoted teams not enjoying their second season at the top may hold true for them, and a stark relegation battle may be on its way.
A similar scare may exist for Brighton and Hove Albion as well, who could spend much of the season grasping at straws, as even the promoted sides, particularly Fulham and Wolves, seem eager to leave an impact this season.
Lastly, Cardiff City, who are back in the League, may taste its joy for only one season, as they don’t seem as firm as the other sides who have qualified, despite being placed second in the Championship, as the transfer window was also a vital opportunity waiting to be used.
Surprise Package
A surprising and unexpected leap could be provided by Everton. The Toffees seemed quite firm in their transfer business this season, with Barcelona, in particular, appearing to be the source of some worthy reinforcements.
If Yerry Mina stabilizes their defense, and Richarlison goes beyond his drought and puts in a strong showing, then a top 6 presence can be easily earned by them. If that happened, the question that remains, however, is who will be dropped from the top in order for them to make way?
The post PL Predictions 2018/19: Who Will Win The Title, Top 4, Which Team Will Surprise Everyone? appeared first on BlameFootball.
This transfer window got super hectic in the Premier League, particularly around deadline day when records started to be broken and an intent to open the season strong seemed to be on everyone’s minds.
Here are the most expensive deals to have been sealed during this period:
The post Top 10 Biggest Premier League Transfers Of This Window appeared first on BlameFootball.

Barcelona vice president Mestre talks about U.S. tour, transfers and whether Real overshadowed double


Chelsea have won the race for Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic.
Kovacic has informed Real management he wants to leave this month and Marca says a deal has now been settled with Chelsea.
Read more on Tribal Football

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker's shirt number has been confirmed - for today.
The Liverpool Echo says Alisson will wear the provisional squad number 13 in today's friendly against Napoli in Dublin, Liverpool have confirmed.
Read more on Tribal Football

Leonardo Bonucci's return to Juventus has received a mixed response from Bianconeri fans.
The centre-back quit for AC Milan last summer in a 42m transfer - a deal that shocked Europe.
Read more on Tribal Football
